Date of last revision | May 11, 2021
Collection of Information
Information you provide: We collect the information you directly provide to us. This includes but is not limited to when you register, send us an email, sign up to receive updates, volunteer, fill out a form, make a purchase or donation, communicate through social feeds, request support, create an account, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect about you include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, credit card, debit card, and other payment information, and any other information you choose to provide.
Automatically collected information: When you access, interact with, or use our Site, information about you is automatically collected, including but not limited to:
- Log and Usage Information We collect information related to your visit to and use of the Site. This information includes the browser you use, your IP address, app version, time and day of access, pages viewed, and the pages you accessed before navigating to our Site. We do not link log data collected to personally identifiable information.
- Device Information We collect information about the device you use to access our Site, including the type of device, hardware model, operating system and version, any unique device identifiers, and mobile network information if applicable.
- Location Information We may collect information about the approximate location of your device when you access or use our Site.
- Transaction Information If you make a donation or make a purchase, we may collect information about the transaction. This includes donation amount, purchase price, product details, date, and location of the transaction.
How we use your information
We may use the information we collect about you in various ways, including but not limited to:
- Provide, operate, maintain, and improve our Site;
- Connect you to Campaign programs, events, and activities, and obtain and confirm RSVPs to events and programs;
- Provide and deliver news and information we think will interest you, such as resources, events, activities, candidates, promotions, products, issues, and campaigns;
- Provide and deliver the information you request, process donations, purchases, transactions, and send you related information, including receipts and confirmations;
- Send technical notices, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages, and provide technical support;
- Respond to emails, requests, comments, submissions, questions, and communicate with you regarding use of our Site;
- Solicit volunteers, donations, and support for the Campaign, and for issues and other organizations;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Site;
- Remind you to register to vote, vote, and assist you to find registration information, polling location, and campaign events;
- Improve, personalize, and expand our Site and provide advertisements, content, or features based on interests, preferences, browsing and online activities;
- Develop new products, services, features, and functionality;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions, and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Notify you of changes to our Site;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent fraud or other illegal activities and to protect the property and rights of the Campaign or others related to the Campaign;
- For any other purposes for which the information was collected.
How We Share Your Information
- Service Providers We may share information we collect with vendors, service providers, volunteers, and consultants who provide services and need access to such information to carry out their work on our behalf.
- Aligned Organizations We may share information with candidates, organizations, groups, causes, campaigns or political organizations we believe have similar political viewpoints, principles, objectives, or share similar goals.
- Analytics Companies We allow analytics companies to use tracking technologies to collect information about our users’ computers or mobile devices and their online activities. These companies analyze this information to help us understand how our Site is being used.
- Aggregated Information We may share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used by those third parties to identify our users.
- Legal matters We may share information: in response to a request if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process; for a legal request, such as a subpoena, court order, or government demand; to investigate or report illegal activity; or to enforce our rights or defend claims.
- With Your Consent We may share information if you consent to the sharing of it, including information you enter during the registration process or while using the application. We may share your information consistent with any consent you provide.
If you subscribe to our email, newsletter, or update list via our Site, you will receive periodic updates or communication from us by mail or email. You may opt out of receiving future communications at any time by using the unsubscribe procedure specified at the bottom of email messages.
Mobile, SMS, Push Notifications
If you subscribe to receive notifications, with your consent, we may send periodic campaign updates via mobile communications, push notifications, or automatic SMS text messages to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. If you choose to reject all cookies, you may be unable to use certain areas of our Site.
CCPA Privacy Rights (Do Not Sell My Personal Information)
Under the CCPA, among other rights, California consumers have the right to:
- Request that a business that collects a consumer’s data disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal data that a business has collected about consumers.
- Request that a business delete any data about the consumer that a business has collected.
- Request that a business that sells a consumer’s data not sell the consumer’s personal data.
- If you make a request, we will deliver the requested information within 45 days of receiving a verifiable consumer request per CCPA guidelines.
- If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
This Site is not directed to children and does not knowingly collect the personal information of children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, do not use this Site. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their children’s online activity. If you are aware of a child’s personal information having been provided to us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Campaign takes reasonable measures to help protect all provided and collected information from loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.